Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Grief Observed

Let me introduce myself. I'm going to call myself Timotheus. Although that's not my actual name, I've been called it a time or two. I hope it's appropriate, as it means "One who honors God," and that's what I hope my life does.

I'm starting to blog here as a form of therapy, I guess. I lost my wife last week after a 2 year battle with colon cancer. I suppose you could say we are fortunate, if anyone can be fortunate in such a situation. When someone is diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer, the life expectancy is usually only a few months, even with aggressive treatment. My wife and I had two years together after she was diagnosed.

This is about all I can comment right now. I have so much to say, but so little strength to actually say it.

I think I'll close with the lyrics to a song by Fernando Ortega, from which I took the title of this blog:

When the morning falls on the farthest hill,
I will sing His name, I will praise Him still.
When dark trials come and my heart is filled
With the weight of doubt, I will praise Him still.

For the Lord our God, He is strong to save
From the arms of death, from the deepest grave.
And He gave us life in His perfect will,
And by His good grace, I will praise Him still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you can "Praise Him Still". My only thought is.... your wife isn't "lost", you know exactly where she is! Maybe you are feeling a little lost right now though.
cpcwarrior

Timotheus said...

How true your comment is. I know that she is is with the One who loves her and gave His life for her. Does that make it easier? Yes, it does, but this is still the hardest thing I've experienced in my life.

Baptism

  Doctrinal Study Baptism    I.        Mode of Baptism  A.      Various modes of Baptism  1.      Immersion – In this view, a person must be...