Thursday, November 16, 2006

"No major decisions"

"Don't make any major decisions for x years, months..." I don't know how many times I've heard that in the past week. I'm enough of a contrarian that I just may go out and make a major decision just to prove that I can.

Let's get this straight. I'm not going to quit my job, move, remarry, get a 20-year-old girlfriend, or buy a motorcycle any time soon. (At least, that's what I think they mean by "major decisions.") I may sell some of my investment property like I'd been thinking about for the past year or so. I might buy a pickup (also something I've been considering) or a sports car (which I hadn't seriously thought about.) But even though I'm hurting emotionally, I don't think I've lost my ability to think clearly, folks.

My apologies to those who come here looking for great spiritual insight. You're not getting it from this evening's post, I'm afraid.

4 comments:

Allison said...

You are grown my friend. If you want a motorcycle.....you can have one. You may like leather!!!
Hee hee. Take care of yourself.
*BIG HUG*

Timotheus said...

You would say something like that, my dear friend. Actually, knowing you, I'm almost surprised you didn't tell me to get a motorcycle and a 20-year-old girlfriend.

The *BIG HUG* I intend to collect in person next time I see you.

It's nice to be able to laugh at something.

Anonymous said...

Forget the motorcycle and get yourself TWO 20-year-olds, my friend.

Timotheus said...

When B turned 40, I told her that I was going to change her for two 20's.

She just smiled and said, "Sweetheart, you're not wired for 220."

I'm glad I kept my one "10"

Baptism

  Doctrinal Study Baptism    I.        Mode of Baptism  A.      Various modes of Baptism  1.      Immersion – In this view, a person must be...