Friday, November 17, 2006

More about myself.

There's a lot more I want to write, but I need to give you some background and explanation. First of all, anyone can read this blog, so that creates several special concerns with respect to my family's privacy. Therefore, I've chosen to use aliases for everyone mentioned here.

I can't always just be referring to my wife as "my wife" -- it sounds so depersonalized, though she was my wife, my best friend, my lover, my life companion, my most trusted (and honest) advisor, and so much more. I was thinking about using the Greek or Hebrew words for "beautiful one" but that just seemed a little stilted. I actually rarely used her name when talking directly to her; she preferred "Babe," except when I'd done something to upset her. I used to call her "The Boss" on an on-line forum when discussing politics and economics, but that nickname doesn't fit at all in this context. So, I'll just refer to her as "B" -- a code name for her that I occasionally used for her, shorthand for "my Babe."

I have three children, a son and two daughters. I'll get nicknames for them if need be. I just don't want to say anything here to embarrass them, and I definitely want to protect their privacy. My son is the eldest. He is an Army officer, currently holding the rank of captain in a rather elite combat unit. He's had two full tours in Iraq.

My older daughter is a law student. I call her my "wayward" daughter, due to the fact that she's going to be a lawyer and she's attending my alma mater's arch rival in sports.

My youngest daughter is a college junior. She's studying accounting and music, and she's discovered that university "degree plans" don't really take that possible combination into account.

I'm definitely a proud father. Like I said in a previous post, they make going on worthwhile.

My trusted friend CPCWarrior has posted comments here, so she got to choose her own alias, a very appropriate one, too. It's a good thing -- I would probably have chosen a different one, and she definitely would have let me know if she hadn't liked it.

Thinking about my family and friends has been good for me today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You SHOULD feel proud as a father! I noticed that you said you wouldn't embarass them "here". That leaves the option open for other places.... which as a parent myself, I rather delight in. As for choosing an alias - it's a little scary to contemplate what you might choose for me! CPCWarrior

Timotheus said...

Oh, I definitely DO embarrass them. It's just one of those things they have to accept.

An alias for you? Hmmm .... lesseee ... something with "fiery" (applies to you in more than one way) ... "fiesty" .... "mystery-ous" ... the possibilities are nearly endless.

Baptism

  Doctrinal Study Baptism    I.        Mode of Baptism  A.      Various modes of Baptism  1.      Immersion – In this view, a person must be...