Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Ye have heard of the patience of Job..." James 5:11

I've been reading the Psalms a lot recently, but somehow this morning, I ended up in the book of Job. When I went through my lymphoma treatments seven years ago, I read through Job; it was the first time that I really started understanding the book, or at least the first time it spoke to me. (My cancer verse was Job 23:10: "But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.")

Anyway, the verse that stood out to me was Job 13:15: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him..." I think I can honestly say that. I almost wish that God would take me away from all this, because I feel so dead and empty inside. I have my children to live for, but I really can't think of much else that would keep me here.

Sorry, but I just can't write any more right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read today's blog and my thought is that whether we are dead physically or emotionally, we cannot resurrect ourselves. It is by the power of God. People of faith in the bible have always been told to wait on God and it wasn't ever easy. I'm praying for you as you wait.
CPCWarrior

Timotheus said...

Thank you, CPCWarrior. I think the Psalmist was also aware of how hard it is to wait. Psalm 27:14 came to mind: Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Note that with the challenge to wait on the Lord, there is also the exhortation to "be of good courage."

Sometimes it just isn't easy to trust God in the hard times. I'm relearning that lesson right now.

Baptism

  Doctrinal Study Baptism    I.        Mode of Baptism  A.      Various modes of Baptism  1.      Immersion – In this view, a person must be...