I've been reading G.K. Chesterton's Eugenics and Other Evils and came upon this intriguing quote on skepticism:
"Liberty has produced scepticism, and scepticism has destroyed liberty. The lovers of liberty thought they were leaving it unlimited, when they were only leaving it undefined. They thought they were only leaving it undefined, when they were really leaving it undefended." (Part 2, Chapter VI, The Eclipse of Liberty)
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Eugenics_and_other_Evils
The rambling thoughts of a college professor/cancer survivor trying to figure life out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Doctrinal Study Baptism I. Mode of Baptism A. Various modes of Baptism 1. Immersion – In this view, a person must be...
-
Two women came before wise King Solomon, dragging between them a young man. "This young man agreed to marry my daughter," said one...
-
"Don't make any major decisions for x years, months... " I don't know how many times I've heard that in the past week....
-
I've been reading the Psalms a lot recently, but somehow this morning, I ended up in the book of Job. When I went through my lymphoma t...
2 comments:
Hello :)
And, hello to you, too! Do you know Jesus?
Post a Comment